Esplanade Packing List
What to Bring
Wondering what to toss in your bag for your impending trip the wild Golden Mountains? Here are some suggestions...
What you need to Bring
To Wear / Run with Each Day -> Plan on using this stuff all week, and carrying it with you each day.
- Running Shoes
- Water Pack with hydration bladder or bottles (Min. 2L of water)
- Wind Jacket
- Brimmed Hat/Visor
- Bear Spray
- Camera (Optional)
- Safety gear: headlamp, medications. (The guides will carry a full first aid kit)
We do not recommend bringing yak trax or running poles.
To Pack in Triplicate for Each Hut -> This gear will be dropped off at each hut on our first day and then picked up on the last day. It cannot be carried from hut to hut, unless you carry it yourself!
- Light casual pants (evenings can be chilly)
- Casual Shirt (t-shirt/sweater)
- Warm Jacket (optional, may also want to carry a light down jacket with you daily)
- Flip Flops or Sandals (note: each hut has a selection of rubber boots and crocs that can also be used)
- Warm Socks (optional)
- Running clothes for the next day: shorts, underwear, socks, t-shirt
- Swim suit (or swim in your running clothes)
- PJ's (or use the "casual" clothing you pack)
- EarPlugs (optional, could be useful for sleeping)
- Snacks (if you're particular about your running food)
We will put all of your small bags into a larger pack with the hut name listed on it. The less you pack, the better!
July trips: We will be spending one night at the first two huts (Vista & Meadow) and 2 nights at our final hut (Sunrise) in case that impacts your packing and you want to put a few more things in for the final hut.
We will provide at each hut -> This gear will also be dropped off at each hut on our first day and then picked up on the last day. You may be asked to pack some of it with your personal gear to save on space.
- Bedding (Sheets, Pillow case, Towel)
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste)
- Special note: there are showers in the saunas at each hut, but no running water. The alpine lake swimming is fantastic!
- Outdoor toiletries (sunscreen, bug spray)
- The bugs can be bad!!
- Homemade food, snacks and accompanying beverages
A special note on Bear Spray -> Please bring it. If you don't have some, you can purchase some when you arrive for $35. It will have to be carried outside of the helicopter so make sure you have it separated from the rest of your gear on the morning of departure. Special Note: bears have never posed a threat to groups as large as ours so we are not overly concerned about an interaction, we're just using this opportunity to teach about best practises.